GPA `improvements'

Francis J. A. Pinteric linuxdoctor@linux.ca
Mon Nov 11 20:53:01 2002

--=.9(ie/ZKJd(1ICj

On Mon, 11 Nov 2002 20:21:02 +0100
Miguel Coca <e970095@zipi.fi.upm.es> wrote:

> > Ok, I'll attach it to this message. I presume the list mail server doesn't
> > automatically delete attachments. If you prefer that I send it to you
> > privately let me know and this will be the last one I send to the list.
>
> In my experience, there is no problem sending attachments to the list, as
> long as you stay within obvious size limits (i.e. short files and patches
> are not a problem, but for anything over a few KB's, private mail is
> preferred).
>
> But in this case, it looks like you forgot to actually attach it :-)

Well, I did send another message with the attachment (which you should have received by now) and it was stopped for being too big (80K or so).

> > Anyway, don't let these things distract you too much. I'll try and figure
> > out what went wrong on my end.
>
> Ok, but since all the tests I've done are on a Debian machine, I want to be
> sure it compiles on other distributions.

Ah, there could be a problem then. Lack of a standard regarding distros is still a black mark against Linux. Ok, what I'll do is send along a set of diffs (to your personal e-mail address) on the files that I changed. You'll notice that there are not all that many, and you can decide what to do about them when you get them. This will be against a copy of the CVS tree I downloaded on Nov. 10 13:47 am UT.

>>>--fja->

--=.9(ie/ZKJd(1ICj

--=.9(ie/ZKJd(1ICj--