export key with gnupg

Francis J. A. Pinteric linuxdoctor@linux.ca
Wed Nov 13 03:45:03 2002

--5I(Mnkc=.s1:L0t=

On Tue, 12 Nov 2002 20:27:59 +0100
Miguel Coca <e970095@zipi.fi.upm.es> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 12, 2002 at 19:09:00 +0100, Patrick Tchoquessi wrote:
> > > Try "gpg --keyserver host --send-key KEYID" instead.
> > >
> > I also get the same message doing this
>
> In that case, I think you've found what was causing the problem when trying
> to send your key from GPA :-) For some reason gpg does not like your key or
> keyserver.
>
> Maybe someone with a better knowledge of gpg's kerserver support could tell
> what that error message means?

IF you're talking to an HKS keyserver communication with the keyserver is via HTTP, so the error code is an HTTP code. Code 400 is "Bad Request" which according to the HTTP specification means that the "request had bad syntax or was inherently impossible to be satisfied." Who's keyserver are you using? Mine is wwwkeys.us.pgp.net and works fine with gpg.

>>>--fja->

--5I(Mnkc=.s1:L0t=

--5I(Mnkc=.s1:L0t=--