Problems compiling GPA

Miguel Coca e970095@zipi.fi.upm.es
Sun Nov 17 00:18:02 2002

--6TrnltStXW4iwmi0

On Sat, Nov 16, 2002 at 12:41:02 +0000, Markus Gerwinski wrote:
> Miguel Coca wrote:
> > I'm no GPGME expert, so I can't diagnose the real problem, but maybe
> > SIZEOF_UNSIGNED_INT is an undefined macro?
>=20
> I figure it would be defined with the right aclocal.m4. The problems seem
> quite similar to those I get on SuSE Linux now.
>=20
> So the problem breaks down to: How to get aclocal to properly work?

Sorry for not replying to this message along with the other one. My incoming
mail server seems to have taken the weekend off, and I didn't see it when
checking the list archive.

Well, you can just work around your problem, in this case. Download the
gpgme 0.3.12 tarball and work from there. It includes an already generated
and known good configure, aclocal.m4, etc...

There is only one small fix to gpgme 0.3.12 that affects GPA, and it's not
important. Just don't worry if, when importing keys, you get weird numbers
in the status dialog.

Unfortunately, there isn't such a solution for GPA, as the configure scripts
are different from the 0.4.3 or 0.5.0 tarballs. But if you get really tired
of banging your head, tell me and I'll send you a copy of my working
directory :-)

Regards,
--=20
Miguel Coca                                         e970095@zipi.fi.upm.es