Problems compiling GPA

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Fri Nov 22 19:33:01 2002

On Fri, 22 Nov 2002 17:43:36 +0100, Markus Gerwinski said:

> We're suspecting now it's because our GPGME version was compiled for cygwin,
> whereas we tried to make a "-mno-cygwin"-Compile (i.e. for MinGW) of GPA.
> Now we're struggling to get GPGME compiled for MinGW.

If you run it in a Cygwin environment you must make sure that all
parts are build for Cygwin.  For example, using a standard W32 binary
of gpg won't work, using a pre-1.2.1 gpg build under Cygwin won't work
either.

There are a couple of slight difference between a Cygwin and a native
binary (e.g. file descriptor mapping).

> get a buggy Makefile. Do you have an idea what's wrong here? (Or, maybe, an
> already complete "configure" that could run on SuSE 8.0, too?)

SuSE and autoconf is one of the most annoying problems I know.  It is
best for a developer using CVS to run a decent OS which translates to
Debian Woody, Sarge or Sid ;-)

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner