Bug list current GPA

Markus Gerwinski markus@gerwinski.de
Wed Nov 27 15:19:01 2002

Hi folks,

I did some tests on the current CVS release of GPA, together with GPGME 0.4.0
and GPG 1.2.1. First question: Is this a "legal" constellation, or does it
provocate version conflicts?

If this is a "legal" release: I found some bugs and would like to know if
there's already someone working on. Here's the list:

Keyring Editor:
 * Keys/Change owner trust: Selecting "Ultimate" leads to a program crash.
   All other trust degrees run fine.
 * Keys/Import keys:
    - From file: OK
    * From Server: Trying to import a key from one of the servers in the list
      leads to an error message:
        "There is no plugin available for the keyserver protocol you specified."
      Trying to import from http://wwwkeys.de.pgp.net gives an error message:
        ": File or directory not found".
 * Keys/Backup: If there's more than one secret key, you can't select one;
   always the first one is backup'd.

 * Signatures: GPA doesn't display any key signatures.

 * Options/Keyserver: Isn't saved. After restarting, GPA doesn't remember the
   keyserver set during the last session.
 * Options/Default key: No effect at all.

File Manager:
 - File/Check: OK; however, keys generated with an 1.0.x version of GPG are
   presented as "NOT valid".
 - File/Encrypt: OK, but you're _not_ added to the recipients by default.
   (If Theo Test encrypts for Markus Gerwinski, he's unable to decrypt the
   file for himself afterwards.)
 * Options/Keyserver: See "Keyring Editor/Options/Keyserver".
 * Options/Default key: No effect at all.

I was also missing some features that had been in version 0.5.0, but aren't in
the current version anymore. E.g., can anyone tell my what happened to the
"Export secret keys" function and why?

Furthermore, the "status" column and all signature columns have been removed
from the "File Manager" table. Here again: What happened to them and why?

Best,

  Markus