Help files

Miguel Coca e970095@zipi.fi.upm.es
Thu Nov 28 17:32:01 2002

--TB36FDmn/VVEgNH/

On Thu, Nov 28, 2002 at 12:22:42 +0100, Michael Anckaert wrote:
> > Hello all,

Hello,

> > I want to  write the help files for GPA but I don't know if anyone
> > already started with this. If you have, please let me know, so we can
> > work together.

Not as far as I know. If you do it would be very useful.

As you may have seen if you read the list, we are now working on a new
version that is quite different from GPA 0.4.3, so you should probably work
from it. You'll need to checkout and install the latest copies of GPA and
GPGME from CVS to use them.

> > If no one is working on this yet, I'd like some tips on how to do it.
> > Let GPA open a browser to display HTML pages or something like that.
> >=20
> I already started digging through the code and mayb I can use the code
> from the license entry in the help menu to display a help text.
> Is this a good idea? I know it's just basic, but we can use it to start
> with.

That would be too basic, IMO. Better work with HTML for now, and we'll check
how to display it later on.

There was a help feature for GPA planned back from the beginning of the
project. Maybe someone who worked on it at that time remembers what were the
plans for displaying the help?

Thanks a lot,
--=20
Miguel Coca                                         e970095@zipi.fi.upm.es