Bug list current GPA

Markus Gerwinski markus@gerwinski.de
Thu Nov 28 23:14:02 2002

--fdj2RfSjLxBAspz7

Miguel Coca wrote:
> > > The LDAP plugin is a program called gpgkeys_ldap. By default it's installed
> > > in /usr/local/libexec/gnupg/, and it's compiled if you have the openldap
> > > developtment files installed when you compile GnuPG.
> > I downloaded openldap for this sake, but when trying to install it, it
> > complains about not finding a suitable LDBM backend. What's that and where to
> > get it?
> No idea, sorry. My own openldap was provided with Debian, so I have never
> compiled it myself.

Meanwhile I managed to compile openldap by running configure with the option
"--disable-slapd".

However, I still don't get a gpgkeys_ldap executable. As you told me, I re-compiled
GnuPG with "configure --enable-external-hkp", but it didn't give me that exec.

Do you have an idea what I'm doing wrong? Maybe I have to put the openldap
sources into a certain directory? Or installing openldap with "--disable-slapd"
was a mistake?

Thanks,

  Markus

--fdj2RfSjLxBAspz7