Help files

Miguel Coca e970095@zipi.fi.upm.es
Fri Nov 29 17:23:03 2002

--TRYliJ5NKNqkz5bu

On Fri, Nov 29, 2002 at 16:25:19 +0100, Michael Anckaert wrote:
> I am almost done writing a tutorial for GPA. It started as a help file
> but it ended more up as a tutorial so I've began with a help file to.

Sounds very promising!

Please post an announcement here when you put it online.

> Here are some of the things I'll put in:
>=20
> BASIC GPA:
>  * Setting gpa's options

Don't put too much effort into that, as the interface for setting the
options will probably change in a few days.

>  * installing?

I don't think there is much need for that, unless we manage to get a windows
version. There are no compile time options to complicate it.

> KEYRING EDITOR:
>  * Generating Keys
>  * Signing Keys
>  * Importing Keys
>  * Exporting Keys

A good explanation of validity and owner trust would be really useful. You
should also explain something about editing keys, although the current "edit
key" dialog only has a fraction of the features it will have.

> FILEMANAGER
>  * encrypting/decrypting files
>  * signing/verifying files

Take some care to explain what the different values of signature validity
means, as they are potentially confusing (contact me if you have any
doubts).=20

Thanks,
--=20
Miguel Coca                                         e970095@zipi.fi.upm.es