Signing keys

Miguel Coca e970095@zipi.fi.upm.es
Sat Nov 30 13:57:01 2002

--ibTvN161/egqYuK8

On Sat, Nov 30, 2002 at 00:35:41 +0100, Michael Anckaert wrote:
> hello,
> I have a question, when I want to sign a key, nothing happens.=20
> I select the key I want to sign, click the sign button, follow the
> step(passhrase, etc) and the key doesn't get signed.
> Isn't this implemented yet?

You are most likely using GPA 0.4.3 and GnuPG 1.0.7 or 1.2. Those versions
are incompatible with regards to signing keys. GPA 0.4.3 didn't pay
attention to the menu text returned by gpg, and when a few extra prompts
were added in GnuPG 1.0.7, GPA stopped working.

That could also be the reason for the other bug you reported. If you really
want to use GPA regularly (for "production" use), I'd recommend that you use
0.4.3 along with GnuPG 1.0.6.

If you want to help us providing documentation for the next version of GPA,
please try to check out and install the CVS version, but be prepared to deal
with all the bugs (and there will be quite a few of them) :-)

Thanks,
--=20
Miguel Coca                                         e970095@zipi.fi.upm.es
PGP Key 0x27FC3CA8                         http://zipi.fi.upm.es/~e970095/