GPA and GPGME

Miguel Coca e970095@zipi.fi.upm.es
Tue Oct 29 20:00:01 2002

On Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 13:38:20 -0500, David Shaw wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 06:32:48PM +0100, Miguel Coca wrote:
> > Due to the way keyserver support has been implemented, we can only access
> > LDAP servers with GnuPG 1.2. So, the default keyservers in GPA must be
> > changed. Are there any particular LDAP keyservers we should use? I mean,
> > ones that are in some way related to GnuPG?
>
> You should be able to use the HKP keyservers as well.  1.2.x comes
> with a HKP handler, but it is not built by default.  Just do
> "make gpgkeys_hkp" in the keyserver/ directory and it will be built.

Yes, but since it's not built by default, I'd bet it's not included in the
binary distributions, and even people who compile their own gnupg are
unlikely to have it enabled. So you can't assume it exists.

So, I'll try to make the default keyserver and ldap one.

> By the way, there is now a way to tell which version of the keyserver
> protocol a given helper uses.  Do gpgkeys_xxx -V and the first number
> printed to stdout is the protocol version.  If nothing is printed,
> assume "0".

Great. I was using the gpg version so far, but this seems to be better. Is
protocol version 1 stable right now? I'll take a look at supporting it as
soon as I can.

Regards,
--
Miguel Coca                                         e970095@zipi.fi.upm.es