Aegypten Backend from CVS

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Dec 9 11:21:56 CET 2003

Hi!

I have worked on the CVS configuration of the Aegypten backend
packages to make building from CVS a bit easier.  There is now a
README.CVS file with details on how it is done and the autogen.sh
scripts have all be reworked.  I have also put all stuff usually added
using autopoint and automake -a into the CVS and it will get updated
only from time to time.

As usual with the autotools, you need to have the versions the
maintainer used, currently this is autoconf 2.57 and automake 1.7.6.
autogen.sh checks for this but won't complain if for example automake
1.8 is used instead of 1.7.6 and it does not work anymore.  So you
often have to specify the version of automake to use.  On my Woody
based test machine I have installed autoconf 1.7 in addition to the
standard 1.6.3, thus my build process for a package from CVS is:

  AUTOMAKE_SUFFIX=-1.7 ./autogen.sh
  configure --enable-maintainer-mode
  make
  make install prefix=/usr/local/stow/aegypten-backend

All packages from the backend are now using this scheme:

  libgpg-error
  libgcrypt
  libassuan
  libksba
  dirmngr
  gnupg  (-r GNUPG-1-9-BRANCH)
  pinentry

I hope this makes building from CVS a little less frustrating.

  Werner

--
Werner Koch                                      <wk at gnupg.org>
The GnuPG Experts                                http://g10code.com