problems with X.509 certs + KDE 3.1 + KMail ??

Zdenek Pizl pizl@systinet.com
Wed Feb 5 18:32:01 2003

Hi gpa-dev!

<cite>
Now send yourself a s/mime signed email. If it does not work,
contact us on gpa-dev.
</cite>

So I'm doing so ...

<problem>
Some thing are strange. I can verify an email signed by my coleauge,
but with "Warning: No mail address is stored in the certificate used for signing,
so we cannot compare it to the sender's address <user@systinet.com>"

The certificate has been signed (as KMail that I'm using said) by:
"Message was signed by CN=Common User,L=Cambridge,ST=Massachusetts,OU=Networks,O=Systinet,C=US,(EMail=user@systinet.com) with key 0x561A409FD99593A3."
It is strange because I see the email there :)

Oh yes, another message found on log console:
"gpgmeplug isEmailInCertificate called with parameter FINGERPRINT being EMPTY".

Could you help me to solve this? When I asked how was the certificate created,
the answer was "by openSSL" ...

 thanks & regards

	Zdenek Pizl