Multi-threading GPGME

Marcus Brinkmann Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Jan 2 22:44:02 2003

On Thu, Jan 02, 2003 at 09:31:03PM +0000, Martin Galpin wrote:
> I'm using GPGME inside of a Qt application I am writing and I was wondering
> how I can make the library enable multi threaded so it does not freeze the
> interface. I am compiling with -pthread, yet nothing. Could somebody advise
> me on this?

Please read the following sections in the manual:

* Multi Threading::               How GPGME can be used in an MT environment.

* Using External Event Loops::    Advanced control over what happens when.

Using External Event Loops

* I/O Callback Interface::        How I/O callbacks are registered.
* Registering I/O Callbacks::     How to use I/O callbacks for a context.
* I/O Callback Example::          An example how to use I/O callbacks.
* I/O Callback Example GTK+::     How to integrate @acronym{GPGME} in GTK+.
* I/O Callback Example GDK::      How to integrate @acronym{GPGME} in GDK.

Thanks,
Marcus