Annoying bug: gpg-agent+gnupg and cancelling in pinentry-* repops pinentry two times

Marcus Brinkmann Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Fri Jan 17 00:22:06 2003

On Thu, Jan 16, 2003 at 11:24:33PM +0100, Marc Mutz wrote:
> 5. Make gpgme recognize the new status and properly return exisiting
> GPGME_Canceled or new GPGME_Externally_Canceled error codes.
>
> The _very_ urgent part is deciding whether you want to use the existing
> GPGME_Canceled error code for this or if you want to use a new one and
> if so, what value it will have. I can then patch KMail to handle that
> case gracefully and apply it to KDE_3_1_BRANCH. It's probably too late
> for 3.1.0, but then distributors will use the KDE_3_1_BRANCH, not the
> release anyway.
>
> I can also handle both GPGME_Canceled and (GpgmeError)24 as meaning
> "user cancelled", but then we get a problem if you decide to use the
> existing _Canceled and later assign 24 to something else...

You can use GPGME_Canceled for now.  I might do something totally different
in 0.4, but for 0.3 this is the cleanest work around I think.

Thanks,
Marcus

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de/