newpg doesn't support libgcrypt 1.1.44

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Nov 19 09:48:03 CET 2003

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 15:48:54 -0500, Steven Michalske said:

> what is the status of updating newpg?

Newpg won't be maintained anymore.  All development is now done in the
GnupG 1.9 branch.  Libgcrypt < 1.1.42 and newer libgcrypt's should
nowever nicely coexists oin the same system.

On Monday I announce the availibity of a new set of packages for the
Aegypten backend, based on gnupg 1.9.  I have just build a new
gpgme *0.3* to cope with monor changes in the interface to the new
backend.   While doing that I noticed a couple of other bugs, so I am
going to send out a few small paches in th next few hours.

Stay tuned.

  Werner

--
Werner Koch                                      <wk at gnupg.org>