New gpgme 0.3 release

Pawel Salek pawsa-gpa at theochem.kth.se
Sun Nov 23 15:51:39 CET 2003

On 11/23/2003 02:24:44 PM, Albrecht Dreß wrote:
> Am 23.11.03 00:12 schrieb(en) Pawel Salek:
> [snip]
>> ** ERROR **: Invalid engine for OpenPGP
>> aborting...
>> Aborted
> [snip]
>> 2. if the library initialization fails for some reason so that it
> cannot
>> provide its functionality, it should not abort the whole program.
>
> That's actually my fault as I never saw this problem before. It's *not*
> coming from gpgme, but from balsa itself as I call g_error() if
> checking for gpg (the engine for OpenPGP) failes.

Thanks for the response and clarification. It is strange that I did not
observe this problem with the earlier version based on 0.3.x release of
gpgme. I hope that it is possible to provide more run-time diagnostics
what exactly is wrong in the setup. Compile-time test is not enough - it
will never work for eg. cross-compiling.

Pawel