gpg-agent question

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Thu Oct 2 19:23:02 CEST 2003

[please break your lines after about 72 characters]

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 15:15:56 -0500, Jon Amundsen said:

> question I have is now that I have an agent running and I have
> entered my passphrase can I run it from a script without a tty?  2
> examples of this would be in a cron job or using procmail to auto

I won't do that from a cron job, because the are designed to run
unattended.  It is possible to do this from a script.

> My guess is that it's not talking to the gpg-agent properly.  I have the GPG_AGENT_INFO set properly in the .procmailrc, but I don't know what to set gpg_tty to?

You have to set it to the tty you want the output to appear.  If you
want to get it on your current terminal

  GPG_TTY=`tty`; export GPG_TTY

this is what you want.  Don't use /dev/tty because this is an
automatic link to the current terminal for the active process but
pinentry runs detached so it is definitely not what you want.  Waht
you want is something solid like /dev/pts/1.

  Werner

--
Werner Koch                                      <wk@gnupg.org>
The GnuPG Experts                                http://g10code.com