gpgme 0.3.0 released

Simon Josefsson jas at extundo.com
Sat Oct 11 03:55:02 CEST 2003

Werner Koch <wk at gnupg.org> wrote long time ago:

> We wrote a new X.509 certificate and CMS library named libksba; all
> ASN.1 specific stuff will be handled by it.

I am evaluating implementing Kerberos PKINIT which need some X.509 and
CMS code.  I have noticed GNUTLS contain a X.509 library.  Is libksba
a good choice?  Still developed?  What are the differences between
libksba and gnutls for X.509?  Do GpgSM use libksba?  Any other free
X.509/CMS implementations to consider?  Considering the recipient
list, I am aware that the answer might be biased, but it would be
interesting to hear people's opinion anyway.

(If it matters, my implementation is GPL, and already links with
GNUTLS for other reasons.)

Thanks in advance,
Simon