GPA 0.7.0 released

Miguel Coca mcoca at gnu.org
Wed Oct 22 17:25:44 CEST 2003

On Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 14:54:23 +0200, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 02:45:24PM +0200, Miguel Coca wrote:
> > We are pleased to announce the release of GPA 0.7.0
>
> Cool.

Thanks.

> > GPA is a graphical frontend for the GNU Privacy Guard (GnuPG,
> > http://www.gnupg.org). GPA can be used to encrypt, decrypt, and sign files,
> > to verify signatures and to manage the private and public keys.
>
> Any screenshots around?

I'll try to update the ones on the web, but the changes in this
version affect more to how GPA reacts than to how it looks (basically,
a lot of effort has gone into keeping it from freezing while gpg is
running).

> > This is a development release. Please be careful when using it on
> > production keys.
>
> Will it be extended to handle S/MIM email certificates in the future?

I don't think so. It looks like management of S/MIME certificates is
much simpler than that of PGP keys. So mixing both would confuse
S/MIME users. In my opinion a  different program should be used for
that.

However, if someone has an idea of how to mix both properly, I'm open
to suggestions.

Thanks,
--
Miguel Coca (mcoca at gnu.org)                http://zipi.fi.upm.es/~e970095/