gpgkeys for gnupg-1.9.3 and cvs?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Jan 5 18:37:22 CET 2004

On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 17:42:49 +0100, Bernhard Reiter said:

>> Ah right, the keyserver stuff.  This has not yet been ported from 1.3
>> to 1.9 - thus only the internal HKP code will work.

> How do I enable that code, btw?

Oops, I was wrong: We removed the internal keyserver support quite
some time ago and thus it never made it into 1.9 :-(

For better testing the 1.9 branch I should add the real (external)
keyserver support to 1.9.  OTOH. I'd very much like to wait after 1.3
has entered stable state and we can continue all development on 1.9.
As of now it is pretty laboriously to keep all three branches (1.2,
1.3 and 1.9) in sync.

> So I can use the external keyserver access modules from 1.3 with gpg 1.9?

There is no problem to use gpg 1.3 along with gpg 1.9 - thus for now
this seems to be the better alternative.

  Werner

--
Werner Koch                                      <wk at gnupg.org>
The GnuPG Experts                                http://g10code.com