A new bunch of Aegypten tarballs

Marc Mutz mutz at kde.org
Tue Jan 6 14:12:30 CET 2004

On Friday 02 January 2004 17:23, Jan-Oliver Wagner wrote:
> it seems that 3.1.4 works with qt 3.2.x well. So pinentry must
> not be made compatible with qt 3.1.x. Sorry for the confusion.

I think there is a lot of confusion going on here, indeed :)

It shouldn't be hard at all to make pinentry-qt work with any Qt 3.x
release, provided one doesn't use private Qt headers. I'm not 100%
sure, but this looks like Marcus made use of the private headers.
private/*.h and should be considered non-exported and are subject to
change. qunicodetables_p.h is new in 3.2, IIRC. Before, it was inline
in qstring.cpp.

Maybe having a look at the implementation of KPasswordEdit can be
inspiring in getting a solution working w/o using private headers: It
intercepts all keypress events and stores the string in a char*. All
that is ever seen by QLineEdit is a string of asterisks. Use secmem for
the char* and you're (basically) done?

Marc

--
memAlloc() Amnesia Error: Out of Memory