fopencookie / BSD support

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Jan 30 19:17:27 CET 2004

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 15:23:15 +0100 (CET), Michael Nottebrock said:

> I'm the maintainer of the aegypten ports in the freebsd ports
> collection and I recently noticed pinentry 0.7.0 (and possibly other
> parts of the aegypten tools) still bail during configure stage because
> fopencookie isn't present in FreeBSD's libc. In the past, I was able to

Does this also happen with gnupg-1.9?  We tested it on NetBSD once and
it worked very well. Actually we are not using fopencookie but funopen
and provide an emulation using fopencookie for GNU systems.

I just checked it and indeed pinentry has not been updated.  Even
worse, fopencookie is not used at all. I'll fix that in the CVS now.

Thanks,

  Werner

--
Werner Koch                                      <wk at gnupg.org>