Small bug in gpgme configure script or Makefile ?!?

Marcus Brinkmann marcus.brinkmann at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed Jul 28 13:29:50 CEST 2004

At Tue, 27 Jul 2004 11:28:30 +0200,
bsmaillist at skynet.be wrote:
> When I try to configure && make gpgme 0.3.12 from source from the following
> directory:
> /data/tmp/GnuPG 1.9/gpgme-0.3.12

[You reported this to be true for 0.3.16, too]

> I get this error from make
>
> (cd .libs/libgpgme.lax/libassuan.al && ar x /data/tmp/GnuPG
> 1.9/gpgme-0.3.12/gpgme/../assuan/.libs/libassuan.al)
> ar: /data/tmp/GnuPG: No such file or directory

[...]

> It seems that the Makefile doesn't like the path with the source code to
> contain a directory name with a blank.

Note that the above Makefile snippet is provided by one of the
auto-tools (automake or libtool, I guess).  If you really want to fix
that for 0.3.x, you'd have to address this with those tools and then
regenerate the Makefiles.

I just tried to use a source path with a space, and it worked for the
CVS version.  However, the build procedure changed, so I can't tell if
this means the bug is fixed in latest auto tools, and anyway I can't
tell you if the latest auto tools work for the 0.3.x branch without
changes.

Thanks,
Marcus