How to revoke a secret key and certificate?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Mar 12 12:36:18 CET 2004

On Tue, 9 Mar 2004 20:09:46 -0500, Matej Cepl said:

> certificate are revoked)? When tried to import revoke.crl CRL
> list from http://www.cacert.org/revoke.crl with kgpgcertmanager
> I got error shown in the attached screenshot.

I checked it and it works after manually installing the root
certificate first.  I am not sure why cacert uses an "https:" scheme
in the cRLDistributionPoint of their root certificate; after all the
CRL is signed by them and https won't help detecting a root ca
comprimse.  Dirmngr does not support https access to CRLs because this
increases the complexity and burdens the admin to take care of another
set of certificates for the TLS connection.

  Werner