kmail doesn t sign/encrypt e-mails, broken pipe

Erik Wasser erik.wasser at iquer.net
Tue Nov 16 09:47:57 CET 2004

On Tuesday 16 November 2004 00:51, Ingo Klöcker wrote:

> It's a flaw in the original specification. The key is just too
> legacy. To make gpg accept the key you just have to self-sign the
> user ID.

Thanks for helping. The next problem is arising.

I created a RSA-legacy key pair version with PGP 8.1 for testing.

The tree structure consists of 3 three entries:

- Full name <email>            RSA legacy key pair

  + Full name <email>          User ID

    + Full name <email>        RSA exportable signature

When I try to sign the first or second entry the PGP already says
"Cannot sign 'Full name <email>' The Key is already signed be the
specified signing key".

The third entry can't be signed because it's only the signature.

So I'am stuck again here. Can someone test this 'behavior' of PGP. I
know this is a ML for GPG, but when I know the bug is in PGP I will go
there. Promised! B-)

--
So long... Fuzz