kmail doesn t sign/encrypt e-mails, broken pipe

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Nov 17 08:27:52 CET 2004

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 23:29:21 +0100, Ingo Klöcker said:

> gnupg-1.9.x. On the command line you should only use gpg. gpg2 is
> currently only used by the Aegypten2 stuff.

Actually gpg2 is not used at all. The current CVS version even displays:

    log_info ("WARNING: This version of gpg is not very matured and\n");
    log_info ("WARNING: only intended for testing.  Please keep using\n");
    log_info ("WARNING: gpg 1.2.x, 1.3.x or 1.4.x for OpenPGP\n");

Given all the problems I consider to not having build it at all unless
a configure option has been given.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner