Patch for gpgme.texi bug

Marcus Brinkmann marcus.brinkmann at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Sep 30 00:06:23 CEST 2004

At Wed, 29 Sep 2004 16:57:51 +0200,
Bernhard Reiter <bernhard at intevation.de> wrote:
> > context diffs are much more readable when the changes are complex, so
> > please use the "-u" option with diff or cvs diff).
>
> It is good to know you prefer them,
> I think that the debate about -c or -u is not decided yet,
> some developers prefer -c.
> ;)

Well, I could see why, but it really depends on the type of changes.
Unfortunately that makes it impossible to give easy instructions for a
contributor to follow. :-/  For a one-liner -u has the obvious
advantage of putting the changed line directly next to the original,
though.

But yeah, it's probably subjective.  It's not a big deal, as long it's
-c or -u at least.  What I forgot to mention though (and sometimes
forget using myself) is the---for C code---highly useful option -p
(--show-c-function), a real underdog!

Thanks,
Marcus