GPA 0.7.0 GPGME "general error" [scanned]

Veit Wahlich cru at zodia.de
Sun Dec 4 03:24:17 CET 2005

Hi list!

I ran into problems signing PGP keys using GPA on Fedora Core 4:
GPA claims a GPGME "general error" when trying to sign a pubkey and
aborts.

I already tried different versions of gpgme (0.4.4, 1.0.0, 1.0.1, 1.0.3)
as I supposed the problem on gpgme, but the problem persists. Also after
recompiling GPA and replacing libgpg-error and gnupg with other versions
did not solve the problem.
Using the current GPA CVS sources did not help either.

Creating a GPGME debug log does not emerge any bold problem, it seems
GPA simply do not know how to handle the returned value.
The last ~100 lines of the log are here: http://ircnet.de/paste/27

On FC3 the problem does not exist, even with similar versions of the
packages above, so I tried to deal with the main differences - i.e.
removing gnupg2 support from gpgme and using gcc 3.2 instead of gcc 4 -
without success.
I heard about the same problem on FC5test1

I also googled for the problem but found no further ideas on fixing
this.

Any hints?

Best regards,
// Veit