pinentry symlink default

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Dec 6 12:27:05 CET 2005

On Mon, 5 Dec 2005 23:24:59 +0100, Peter Eisentraut said:

> I am wondering why pinentry-gtk is the default for the pinentry symlink.
> Shouldn't the "best" or most modern variant be the default, that is, gtk-2 or

The most modern one is not always the best one.  I am not sure about
gtk+-2 version but it is likely similar to the gtk+-1 version.
However gtk+-1 is all in all smaller and thus less error prone.
I won't use qt for security reasons - it is huge and has the secure
entry widget seems to be very complicated.

Anyway, it is up to a distribution or user to select the symlink.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner