Patch for userSMIMECertificate

Neil Dunbar neil.dunbar at hp.com
Fri Jan 28 17:03:51 CET 2005

On Friday 28 January 2005 15:35, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 12:48:54 +0000, Neil Dunbar said:
> > Also - I think that line 680 in ldap_wrapper (ldap.c) which reads
>
> ctrl-> refcount++
>
> > should read:
> >
> >  if (ctrl) ctrl->refcount++
> >
> > since ctrl is not guaranteed to be non-NULL when entering the
> > ldap_wrapper
>
> CTRL should always be initialized; if not I have to check what's
> wrong.   I'll check it.

I only see it getting initialised in start_command_handler (server.c) for
daemon and server mode and set to the assuan pointer.

The chain seems to go

main -> crl_cache_load -> crl_cache_insert ->
 crl_parse_insert -> get_issuer_cert -> get_cert_local

Which, yielding nothing, will attempt an LDAP lookup, which causes
ctrl->refcount to be incremented.

Cheers,

Neil