GPA and OpenPGP Cryptocard

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Jun 2 13:03:27 CEST 2005

On Tue, 31 May 2005 19:06:22 +0200, Mario Fuerderer said:

> fd 7: got `[GNUPG:] NEED_PASSPHRASE_PIN OPENPGP 1

2004-10-15  Werner Koch  <wk at g10code.com>

	* status.h (STATUS_NEED_PASSPHRASE_PIN): New.
	* status.c (get_status_string): Added.
	* passphrase.c (ask_passphrase): Moved status printing to ..
	* cardglue.c (pin_cb): .. here and issue new status message.

So it is my fault.  Someone requested to have a new status message for
PIN and I have implemented this without thinking about possible
breaking other code.  In particular gpgme does not know about this new
status message and is thus won't call the passphrase callback.  I will
change this in gpgme.

The workaround and preferable soultion is to use gpg-agent.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner