GPA and OpenPGP Cryptocard

Mario Fuerderer mario at codehack.org
Mon May 16 23:26:45 CEST 2005

Hello everyone,

I just got my new smartcard reader and the OpenPGP Crypto Card
today. The installation went quite smooth as well as the
personalization of the smartcard itself. So crypting files using the
smartcard and GnuPG (version 1.4.1) works just as simple as going the
normal way with a locally stored encryption key. But unfortunately any
application using GPGME (just like GPA and Sylpheed) don't seem to work
with this new setup. It just hangs up when i try to crypt/sign a file.
A `ps aux | grep gpg` shows the following command, during the hang:

      gpg --no-sk-comment --status-fd 8 --no-tty --charset utf8 --
enable- progress-filter --command-fd 9 --sign --detach --armor --
textmode

For me the issue seems to be gpgme-specific, because any tool depending
on gpgme hangs while other applications which speak to gpg "natively"
work just like a charm...

Thank you in advance for your help!

	mario

--