can't add new keys

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue May 31 18:01:33 CEST 2005

On Fri, Apr 22, 2005 at 10:22:36PM +0200, Duncan Lithgow wrote:
> > The hkp http interface might not have been build.
> > Did you build yourself?
> >
> > For my Debian gpg 1.2.5 I can
> > do gpg --recv KEYNUMER
> > and have
> > 	keyserver subkeys.pgp.net
> > in my .gnupg/gpg.conf
>
> Sorry, I don't understand your reply, I'm new to linux and gpg. Is that
> something I should install?

Sorry form my side, too. I have missed your reply.
First: What GNU/Linux distribution are you using?
E.g.  Redhat, Mandriva or Debian

Some persons will have packaged gpa and gpg for you.
Usually that is the one that creates the distribution.
This person might have missed that it needs to set a special option
when building the gnupg package which contains the command line
version "gpg".