KMail can't verify smime signed e-mails

Piotrek pitrasw at wp.pl
Sat Jan 13 16:27:30 CET 2007

Hello... I still can't verify smime signed things. My friend Google can't help
me. I can crypt/decrypt but can't verify. I still got this:
gpgsm: no signature value available

I've made some basic tests... not related with KMail... maybe someone will
read this again and will help me. I just try few various versions up to
1.9.20 but without a luck with any of them.

Creating a signature:
$ gpgsm --detach-sign test.ps > sig
gpgsm: NOTE: THIS IS A DEVELOPMENT VERSION!
gpgsm: It is only intended for test purposes and should NOT be
gpgsm: used in a production environment or with production keys!
gpgsm: DBG: connection to agent established
gpgsm: no key usage specified - assuming all usages
gpgsm: certificate is good
gpgsm: policies not checked due to --disable-policy-checks option
gpgsm: CRLs not checked due to --disable-crl-checks option
gpgsm: no key usage specified - assuming all usages
gpgsm: DBG: adding certificates at level 1
gpgsm: signature created
secmem usage: 0/16384 bytes in 0 blocks

Now verify task:
$ gpgsm --verify sig test.ps
gpgsm: NOTE: THIS IS A DEVELOPMENT VERSION!
gpgsm: It is only intended for test purposes and should NOT be
gpgsm: used in a production environment or with production keys!
gpgsm: detached signature
gpgsm: no signature value available
secmem usage: 0/16384 bytes in 0 blocks

$ echo $?