utf-8 character is displayed badly in GPA interface (Win32)

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed May 2 17:27:47 CEST 2007

Hi Cristian,

On Wednesday 02 May 2007 14:32, Cristian Secară wrote:
> The GPA interface displays badly the utf-8 component from my name.
> This is how it looks like:
> http://www.secarica.ro/misc/gpa_bad_utf8_display_noted.png
>
> It does not matter if the key is generated using the gpg --key-gen
> command, or via GPA interface. However, the gpg --list-keys displays
> correctly the ă character.
>
> Is there a problem with the GPA ?

it seems like it, though it could also be a problem of gpg itself.

> I am using the precompiled version included in gpg4win package. The
> system is set to Romanian locale.
> At the same time, all Romanian characters included in the interface are
> being displayed well, except a (known) issue with the toolbar title in
> GTK+ for Win32 version, where a Unicode character that does not exist in
> any CP-12xx makes the toolbar tile to appear blank.

Thanks for the good problem report,
can you check
https://bugs.g10code.com/gnupg/issue?%40search_text=&title=&%40columns=title&category=6&version=&topic=&id=&%40columns=id&creation=&duedate=&activity=&%40columns=activity&%40sort=activity&priority=&%40group=priority&status=&%40columns=status&%40sortdir=on&%40action=search
and add your information, that is most convenient for developers.

Thanks,
Bernhard