bug in gpa : encrypting to multiple keys

Marcus Brinkmann marcus.brinkmann at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Tue Nov 6 15:20:52 CET 2007

At Mon, 05 Nov 2007 21:24:18 +0100,
Marc Meurrens <marc at meurrens.org> wrote:
> About gpa on Ubuntu, GNU Privacy Assistant (a GUI to GNUPG)
>
> The last version of GNU/Linux Ubuntu 7.10 (october 2007)
> still comes with gpa 0.7.0. (which is 4 years old!)
>
> We know there is bug in this version : pga hangs up when trying

Typo: s/pga/gpa/

> To compile the pga source on Ubuntu (Desktop edition)

dito

> The following packages are needed. Some of them will automatically
> load their dependencies :

apt-get build-dep gpa

does it all

> pga (0.7.6) installs it self in /usr/local/bin/gpa while the initial

s/pga/gpa/

> application (0.7.0)  installed by Ubuntu was in /usr/bin/gpa . So,
> don't forget to update the path of the application in the definition
> of the main menu (System/Preferences)

You can add the --prefix=/usr option to configure instead.

Here is a different suggestion:

$ apt-get source gpa
$ tar xjf gpa-0.7.6.tar.bz2
$ cp -r gpa-0.7.0/debian gpa-0.7.6
$ cd gpa-0.7.6
$ emacs debian/changelog  # Optional, see below for an example entry
$ dpkg-buildpackage -b -uc -rfakeroot  # Or -rsudo
$ dpkg -i ../gpa_0.7.6-0.0.deb

Example entry for debian/changelog (the version 0.0 makes sure that
official packages will replace this one).

gpa (0.7.6-0.0) feisty; urgency=low

  * Local update to 0.7.6.

 -- Your Name <your_user at localhost>  Tue, 06 Nov 2007 15:16:00 +0200

Thanks,
Marcus