gpa fails to deal with my key: Invalid crypto engine

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Sep 20 10:23:16 CEST 2011

On Mon, 19 Sep 2011 21:22, jim at meyering.net said:

> Did you manage to reproduce the failure?

No.  I tried to reproduce but it worked (Debian Sid on x86).

>     gnupg
>     libassuan
>     libgpg-error
>     libgcrypt
>     libksba

I use the same except for Libgcrypt which is 1.5.0 due to the ABI
change.  But that is not the problem.

> Even with that, I still end up with the pesky undismissable
> "GPA error" dialog.

>From the log:

 gpgme_set_protocol: enter: ctx=0x9d9600, protocol=1 (CMS)
 gpgme_set_protocol: check: ctx=0x9d9600, releasing ctx->engine=0x958ae0
 gpgme_set_protocol: leave
 gpgme_op_keylist_start: enter: ctx=0x9d9600, pattern=(null), secret_only=1
 gpgme_op_keylist_start: error: Invalid crypto engine <GPGME>

Do you have any X.509 key?  I have not tested without.  Let's try to set

  cms_hack = 1; /* CMS is now always enabled.  */

in gpa/src/gpa.c to 0.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner