Comments on the new design

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Mon, 02 Dec 2002 15:44:28 +0100

On Mon, 02 Dec 2002 15:20:17 +0100, Lorenzo Cappelletti said:

> That've been done on porpouse, till the site is translated in one or
> more languages.

Ah okay.

> 1. I wanted to release a version so that others can start translating.

I agree.

> 2. I don't know exactly where to put them... any idea?

At the top of the first page?  A Gnu might be nice below the
navigation bar.

>> - Mirror list:  Can we divide the country list into regions (Asia,
>> Africa, ...) again.

> This is a bit harder... but I'll do it.

Not important now.  I noticed that becuase it is not that long ago
that I hacked my old script to do it.

> Actually, I'm using a fixed font... not really cool move, I know.  I
> already wanted to review *.css files and make them W3C compliant.

Okay.

> Let put it this way: site is ready to be translated (i.e., no message
> will change), but we can wait for making it publicly available till I
> fix those bugs, if you prefer.

Lets fix the news links and I'll put it online.  I promised far too
long that we will have a new site design.  We can fix bugs later.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner