www.gnupg.org - new design

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Fri, 06 Dec 2002 13:59:52 +0100

On Wed, 04 Dec 2002 17:02:59 +0100, Lorenzo Cappelletti said:

> It's not Werner who uses entities, but WML (http://www.thewml.org/) that
> translates them (see http://www.gnupg.org/index.wml).

Actually it is really me.  I was not sure how we wanted to handle the
charset issue, so I used the ERs.

>> Of course what you are doing here ist table abuse, but at least you don't
>> bloat the code too much by this. Additionally I don't have a simple idea at
>> the moment how to achieve the same effect without tables and I like it :-)

> If such a standard adhering person can forget about all those tables

A feature I which HTML had, is the definition of a navigation
bar tag, so a browser can render it in any way it (or the user)
likes.  This would make thinks much easier for the user because of a
consistent look+feel and it would also be better for search engines.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner