Starting with gnats

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Mon, 09 Dec 2002 19:14:03 +0100

Hi!

I have setup GNATS as http://bugs.gnupg.org - there is a category
"gpgweb" for our use.  Submitting a bug report via the web interface
is currently not possible, so you have to use the send-pr
utility (apt-get install gnats-user). Here is a template file, you
might want to use:

=============
SEND-PR: Note that the Synopsis field is mandatory.  The Subject (for
SEND-PR: the mail) will be made the same as Synopsis unless explicitly
SEND-PR: changed.
SEND-PR:
SEND-PR: Choose from the following categories:
SEND-PR:
SEND-PR: pending   trash     gnupg     libgcrypt libksba   gpa
SEND-PR: gpgweb
SEND-PR:
To: bug-any@gnupg.org
From: my@address

>Submitter-Id: <SUBMITTER>
>Originator:   <DEFAULT_ORIGINATOR>
>Synopsis:     <(one line)>
>Confidential: <[ yes | no ] (one line)>
>Severity:     <[ critical | serious | non-critical ] (one line)>
>Category:     gpgweb
>Class:        <[ sw-bug | doc-bug | support | change-request | mistaken | duplicate ] (one line)>
>Environment:

>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
=========================

You have to enable submittin a reporting by mail using these entries
in /etc/gnats/send-pr.conf:
======================
# -*-sh-*-
# This is the configuration file for send-pr.
# It is read by the send-pr script each time it is executed.  You can customize
# various send-pr variables here instead of editting send-pr directly.  You
# must at least uncomment the ORGANIZATION. variable value and set it to some
# reasonable value.

# Id of the submitting organization
#DEFAULT_ORGANIZATION=fill_some_value_here

# The site *receiving* the bug reports
#GNATS_SITE=${GNATS_SITE:-the_site}
GNATS_SITE=gnupg.org

MAILPROG="mail bug-any@gnupg.org"

TEMPLATE="/etc/gnats/templ-gnupg.org"

I still have to setup a policy on how to setup user accounts for
editing bugs.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner