Language encoding and web server

Lorenzo Cappelletti L.Cappelletti@mail.com
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 23:20:36 +0100

Hi everyone,

When I tried to validate the page today, W3C's validator reported me
that page encoding and web server returned encoding don't match.

To get throught this error, I set up page encoding to ISO-8859-1 for
English only.  It's as easy as adding an econding attribute to lang
definition in lib/i18n.

Now, the problem is that other languages may use different encodings
other than ISO-8859-1, which are not correctly reported by the web
server.

Please, check out what W3C's validator says about that for your own
language.

--
email: L.Cappelletti@mail.com
Jabber: lolo@linux.it

Vuoi aiutarci ad avere le descrizioni dei pacchetti Debian in italiano?
http://ddtp.debian.org/