PR 25 and PR 68 [was: Report about currently open gpgweb problem reports.]

Lorenzo Cappelletti lorenzo.cappelletti@email.it
Thu, 22 May 2003 23:28:48 +0200

On Tue May 20 at 16:40 +0100, Noel D. Torres Ta=F1o wrote:

> PR 25 (werner, suspended) deals with the URL containing brackets. Since
> they're working, and they're part of Caudium implementation, I think
> this PR can be safely closed. Moreover, There can be a discussion in
> this ML about this, but the lasst word belongs to werner.

> PR 68 (werner, analyzed) is about the caching of the *.html pages. The
> actual system based in parentheses to select language allows us to
> forget the system that includes the language code in the extension of
> the file. I checked that requesting index.html.de resolves into
> (de)/index.html and that requesting index.de.html produces the 404 error
> page. I think this PR can be closed as it is.

This is an interesting topic I wanted to talk about.

IMO, we should, at least, support Apache, i.e. we should provide an=20
=2Ehtaccess file that deals with Caudium's file scheme.  The issue about=20
old links on mirros should be addressed, too.

*.html symlinks are there because Apache wouldn't find any file,=20
otherwise.  This is really bad, I think.

The best would be to definitely switch to Apache.  But this involves=20
aegypten subdirs, as well.  Werner, did you have some thoughts about it? =
=20
Once, you told me that latest Caudium releases should support Apache's=20
*.xx.html scheme...

--=20
email: lorenzo.cappelletti@email.it
Jabber: lolo@linux.it
Fingerprint: 8CDD 3408 53B2 6122 99DA EE37 1523 68FC D906 4C08

Vuoi aiutarci ad avere le descrizioni dei pacchetti Debian in italiano?
http://ddtp.debian.org/