webserver requirements (was: PR 25 and PR 68)

Cristian Rigamonti Cristian Rigamonti <cri@linux.it>
Sun, 25 May 2003 23:58:29 +0200

On Sun, May 25, 2003 at 10:47:57PM +0200, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Thu, 22 May 2003 23:28:48 +0200, Lorenzo Cappelletti said:
>
> I just read the Apache docs agains and I could find anything about a
> foo.ll.html scheme for i18n.  They say, one should append the country
> code like foo.html.en .  I find this counterintuitive because the
> usual way for documents is foo.xx.whatever_extension_you_use - iirc,
> this is how the aegypten files are organized.  Is Apache able to
> handle this?

I can't give you an authoritative answer, but I know that fsf-europe
site (http://www.fsfeurope.org/) is Apache-based and its translated
pages are in the form "name.lang.html", so it seems it's possible
(though I don't know exactly HOW :-)

Cri

--
[ GLUX! - http://www.lecco.linux.it  -  irc.eu.freenode.net -> #glux ]
[   Signed / encrypted mail welcome  -  GPG/PGP Key-Id: 0x943A5F0E   ]