PR 119

Noel D. Torres Taņo ndtt@ll.iac.es
Mon, 26 May 2003 09:17:28 +0100

Werner Koch wrote:

> On Mon, 26 May 2003 01:09:05 +0100, Noel D Torres Taņo said:
>
> > method: I created a page with a javascript redirecting to another pag=
e,

> Please no JS for gnupg.org.  Being security aware, we should not propag=
ate
> the bad behaviour of letting users executing foreign code.  There are
> too many problems with JS and Java, Flash and whatever.
>
> --
>   Nonviolence is the greatest force at the disposal of
>   mankind. It is mightier than the mightiest weapon of
>   destruction devised by the ingenuity of man. -Gandhi

Huh.. please remove my name from the reply, 'cos I'm getting your answer
twice!

About that javascript code, it was very simple: something like
onload(document.source=newdocument) in the HEAD section, with
newdocument being the version for newer browsers, that is, latest
standards version like actual gnupg.org page. This way, older browsers
can go to a HTML 2 page, which is completely sure, either through a
standard HTML REFRESH directive with zero time, or a "click here" link,
being this the whole thing.

Envite