.wml files in UTF-8

Lorenzo Cappelletti lorenzo.cappelletti at email.it
Tue Dec 16 22:30:34 CET 2003

Hi everybody,

long since I worte here!  What are you up to?

I go stright to the point.  I wrote a small Perl script which tries to
help a translator to migrate their pages to UTF-8.  I know from the last
thread we had on this subject that not anybody agrees with me, but I
strongly believe that UTF-8 is the right way.  In the end, everything
will be UTF-8.

I know that there might be a few text editors which doesn't support
UTF-8.  I've got instructions on how to enable the support for it for
both (X)Emacs and vim.

Hopefully this small script will resurrect this PR and close it.

PS: the script misses just on feature, IMO.  It cannot convert HTML
entities to UTF-8.  Does anybody know of a Perl module that deal with
this problem?

Hint on how to use the script: copy the utf8msg file to the bin/
directory of the site tree and run "bin/utf8msg -l xx index.wml".  Try
--help for further explanations.

email: lorenzo.cappelletti at email.it
Jabber: lolo at linux.it
Fingerprint: 8CDD 3408 53B2 6122 99DA EE37 1523 68FC D906 4C08