New WWW mirror page clashes

Lorenzo Cappelletti lorenzo.cappelletti at email.it
Sun Feb 22 12:55:49 CET 2004

Hi everyone,

the recently added <http://www.gnupg.org/mirrors.html> page that lists
the WWW mirros actually shows a FTP mirror list, i.e. the very same
/download/mirrros.html.  This happens because /mirrors.html used to show
the FTP mirrors.  When I moved it to /download/mirrors.html, a
redirection directive was introduced to the web server configuration as
to avoid dead links.

Now, the question is: should the new page be renamed/moved to another
place or should it stay where it sits?  I would agree with the latter,
because a user who finds an old link for the FTP mirror page (i.e.,
/mirrors.html) can click on the link at the top and go to the right
/download/mirrors.html page.  In other words, old and new pages are
about the same topic: mirroring.

--
Lorenzo Cappelletti  -  Webmaster at http://www.gnupg.org/
Fingerprint: 8CDD 3408 53B2 6122 99DA EE37 1523 68FC D906 4C08