Related software licenses

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Aug 23 09:30:39 CEST 2004

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 13:52:15 +0200, Lorenzo Cappelletti said:

> About Werner's recent message on jGPG license, I'd like to ask him what
> we should do in the future as to avoid adding links to non-compliant
> software.

Being part of the GNU project we can't link to any non-free software.

> So far, I've added links to other programs regardless who was requesting
> it.  How could I check if an application complies with our requirements?
> Should I ask what license the program is under or should I check it out
> myself?

Asking for the license seems to be sufficient for me.  Checking
whether the software and all of its components are really Free
Software is an expensive task.  While thinking about it:  What about
an additional link to the GNU directory (if an entry exists); there
the license has been thoroughly checked.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner