Reading new key packages (Re: Coexistence with OpenPGP/IETF)

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Jan 17 17:39:10 CET 2024

On Wed, 17 Jan 2024 08:58, Andrew Gallagher said:

> drop support for v3 sigs in order to safely handle v5 sigs. It is
> obviously easier to port metadata protection to v6 than to fix the

In LibrePGP we don't support v6.  Period.

> rpm was generating them until last year, and there are thousands of
> published v4 keys containing v3 sbinds.

v3 signature don't have subpackets and thus they can't be used to create
v4 keys.  v3 keys are anyway deprecated and in GnuPG there is even no
more support for them.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner

--
The pioneers of a warless world are the youth that
refuse military service.             - A. Einstein