[mod_gnutls-devel] make check

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos n.mavrogiannopoulos at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 16:01:27 CEST 2014

On Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 7:54 PM, Daniel Kahn Gillmor
<dkg at fifthhorseman.net> wrote:
>>  I'm trying to use the "make check" operation on a Fedora system, and
>> I get the following error:
>> $ make
>> GNUPGHOME=server/ gpg --armor --export "$(GNUPGHOME=server/ gpg
>> --with-colons --list-secret-keys --fingerprint | grep ^fpr: | cut -f
>> 10 -d :)" > server/minimal.pgp
>> gpg: key "" not found: malformed user id
>> gpg: WARNING: nothing exported
>> make: *** [server/minimal.pgp] Error 2
>> rm server/minimal.pgp
> do you have the monkeysphere package installed?  I think this line is
> failing because the initial key creation (a line or two above?) failed.

Ok that seems to be the case. I had the package installed, but the
first run of make check was done before it was installed, and the
failure persisted until I run make clean on t. It's now ok.

> it's possible that "make check" won't work without monkeysphere
> installed, in particular, it needs at least the pem2openpgp translator.
> Some of the later tests (the ones that test the MSVA validation setup)
> will of course also need the monkeysphere validation agent running.

These headers for msv don't seem to be available in the Fedora package
so I cannot test the make check here.

In any case, I'm in the process of modifying mod_gnutls to allow
specifying pkcs11: URLs (or tpmkey) in the place of a file.
The code is currently at https://github.com/nmav/mod_gnutls, and I'll
try to submit a version once better tested.

regards,
Nikos