[mod_gnutls-devel] CFP: Security Devroom @ FOSDEM'15

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Mon Oct 13 13:33:24 CEST 2014

CFP: Security Devroom @ FOSDEM'15
AKA "Hardware and Software isolation mechanisms"

Next FOSDEM [1] will, again, have a security devroom, this time on the
topic of "Hardware and Software isolation mechanisms". We'd like to
invite submissions of talks and presentations from developers,
security researchers and other interested representatives of open
source and free software and hardware projects.

This is the call for talks and presentations that will take place in
the Security devroom at FOSDEM 2015.

Our topic this year:
As complex software tends to have bugs, methods to contain the damage
from a potentially serious bug (e.g., code injection, leak of memory
contents) are required. While such methods have been known and
available for a long time (HSMs and smart cards, privilege
separation), it is surprising that an attack like heartbleed required
the revocation of the private keys of a large part of the Internet.
For that reason Hardware and Software isolation mechanisms that could
mitigate such attacks, are again on the line, and the main theme of
this devroom.

For up-to-date submission and event information:
https://github.com/security-devroom/fosdem-2015

The security devroom will be held on Sunday 1st of February 2015 in
Brussels, Belgium at ULB room S.AW1.120 from 09:00 to 17:00.

I kindly ask you to forward this announcement to any relevant FOSS
project mailing list.

[1] https://fosdem.org/2015/
[2] https://github.com/security-devroom/fosdem-2015